Where to find it:
Unit 20 Mercade De San Miguel, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, Philippines
Why you should check it out:
- The place is filled with artsy decorations that emulates the gypsy way of living.
- The food is affordable.
- Food presentation is amazing.
- Menu offered a wide variety of options, depending on what kind of cuisine you want to eat for the day. They different kinds of coffee to choose from. They have a dessert nook that serves several kinds of sweets, and outside, they also serve cocktails and other alcoholic beverages.
- Wifi connection is available for free to all paying customers.
- They have an actual palm reader who visits the cafe during weekends. They display a list of interesting activities that you could enjoy.
I wasn't able to try other food from their menu, but the one dish that I was able to try was really good. This was a spicy tuyo (salted fish) with a cheesy tomato omelette and ginger vinegar. This is a classic Filipino breakfast that is a favorite among locals. There are also other kinds of cuisine to choose from if you're not very fond of Asian breakfast.
They also have a cafe that serves different kinds of cakes and desserts. They have a wide variety of coffee to choose from, as well.
The Doll house
The different kinds of interesting art pieces around the restaurant made me fall in love with the cafe.
I was especially enthralled by the doll house that they hung in the dessert nook in the cafe:
I'm not really sure if mermaids have a special connection to mermaids because a lot of pictures of them were used to decorate the place. Not that I was complaining since I am a huge fan of these mythical creatures as well. This beautiful drawing hung on their wall was my favorite.
Puerto Princesa city is a myriad of different destinations for both foreign and local tourists. This cafe is one of my top recommendations for those who would want good food, interesting ambiance, and a good experience!